CitiXsys conducted a five-day, intensive training session on improving CitiXsys iVend Retail product knowledge for approximately 13 staff members of Integrated Computer Systems, Inc. (ICS). ICS is one of the Philippines’ leading IT solutions providers, with over 35 years of experience in providing technological expertise including nationwide sales and services.
ICS was founded in 1978 as the country distributor of Radio Shack. Over the last 35 years, the company has experienced significant growth, added several verticals to its product offering and garnered numerous awards attesting to its success and dedication to its clients. For example, ICS received the Dell Most Valuable Enterprise Partner Award in 2013, and was the Cisco Select Partner of the Year (also 2013).
The objective of the advanced classroom training program was to help the candidates gain in-depth knowledge about iVend Retail solutions, including Terminal POS, Mobile POS, Loyalty and Passes. The training was conducted at the ICS Philippines headquarters by David Webb, who is the Director of Partner Enablement and Client Connect at CitiXsys Technologies.
During the training program, the candidates learnt module implementation, configuration and overall use of the software. The ‘students’ also learnt valuable product enablement processes and methodologies including best practice techniques. Through these intensive classroom sessions, the ICS team has increased their skills, which all acknowledge will ultimately lead to realisation of greater benefit to the end-customers, helping them streamline their businesses for greater productivity and profitability.
It is of particular note that all of the participating candidates achieved certification in Implementation of CitiXsys iVend Retail solutions at the conclusion of the 5 day training program.
Talking about the product learning session, David Webb expressed, “It was a real pleasure running the training in our solutions for the team at ICS. It was great to experience their enthusiastic interest in every topic and see such dedication in participation to all aspects of the training activities. The high level of professionalism shown by the ICS staff is something they can be proud of, and worthy of recognition.”
This classroom session with ICS is one of several that CitiXsys is planning for the Middle East, USA, South East Asia and Australia in this coming year. It has been uplifting to see that several valued partners of CitiXsys have already signed up for these training sessions.
In the end, (as the ICS candidates experienced!) what emerges is a smarter, sharper CitiXsys product expert.
In this year’s first issue of CitiXsys Retail Insights 2015, we’ve taken up why the Cloud is the way to go for retailers. Especially for large-scale enterprise retailers, cloud-based applications may as well be the only solution which would enable them to be as flexible, adaptable and infrastructure-minimalist as they aspire to be.
The cover story outlines why and how cloud applications can help retailers to cut down IT infrastructure flab. Also, it talks about the advantages of integration of every operation and process of an enterprise retail into a single, consolidated suite. And finally, the main value of Cloud in Retail: Mobile POS.
Taking the Mobile POS angle further, another article speaks further on how smartphones, tablets and iPads equipped Cloud-connected retail applications can empower store assistants and traditional POS to a whole new level of performance.
We also take a look at how a retail store might function when it is powered by a Cloud-based Retail Suite and Mobile POS. it would turn normal retail operations on its head, increasing efficiency and decreasing investment by several factors.
This issue takes a whole new look at how retail operations would change, when integrated with new technology, especially Cloud Applications.
The CitiXsys Team wishes our readers a fruitful and fulfilling year ahead.
Retailing has a long history, dating back to medieval traders and merchants. Since hundreds of years, retailers existed in defined geographies, with limited access to customer needs & their shopping behavior with merchandise often limited to a single product category. All of that changed with the industrial revolution. With average incomes rising, markets emerged at a steady pace, and so did the consumer’s craving for consumer products. This led to the rise of modern retailing with subsequent evolution of various channels of distribution, customer communication and transaction.
Modern retailing has rocketed with introduction of internet & mobility leading to wide acceptance of eCommerce & mCommerce platforms which in turn emerge as one of the fastest growing industries in world with likes of Amazon, eBay etc… By 2020, online sales are projected to be USD500 billion or 20 percent of nonfood retail sales. For many types of retailers, the percent-to-total sales could even be higher, as eCommerce growth continues to significantly complement overall retail sales growth. Much of this will be fueled by the accelerating use of mobile platforms for shopping online.
Forward looking retailers have started integrating their brick-and-mortar stores with integrated Web stores to penetrate deeper into the market & boost their sales productivity. With Integrated eCommerce solution retailers no longer struggle to redefine the role of the store in a multichannel, millennial-led world. They see Webstores as extended medium of their traditional store and want their customers to shop there with same ease & comfort.
With iVend Retail Management Suite retailers can successfully engage consumers wherever it makes sense in order to make it convenient for them to shop. Integrated eCommerce, Loyalty application and intelligent displays integrated with mobile devices can offer customers a satisfying multichannel experience that keeps them engaged. It is clear that all retailers need to aggressively embrace customer-shopping platforms of all types unless they find a way to create a differentiating value proposition that exploits the physical store advantages in a more compelling way.
The message was clear: The CitiXsys group wanted to Rediscover the purpose & Realign the Objectives
March 2nd 2012-The entire leadership team was together under one roof at Bangkok for a complete working week. Series of meetings, group discussions, product demonstrations, and welcoming partner meets made this event a grand success.
CEO speaks, interacts and thus discovers that the team is passionate, committed, reliable, trusted, and has that ‘Quality’ software and services being delivered globally to the Retail & Wholesale Distribution space of the ERP segment. Internal processes were strengthened, the management institutionalized controls and the strategy was laid forward for the Year 2012-13. CitiXsys proud Partners from Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Philippines, Vietnam, Taiwan, China and Thailand, attended the parallel Sales & Implementation Tracks where the products were showcased and the roadmap ahead was shared. Our immense Thanks to the associates for their invaluable participation and providing their inputs to improvise our systems.
Not to miss the cocktail dinner party towards the end that really upheld further that this young group is fun loving and definitely “Party Harder” category!
The message is clear: the CitiXsys group has a purpose and a team to fulfil that purpose.
We will soon be meeting again… Destination Europe? LatAm?
iMatrix 5.5.1 is released today. This version of iMatrix – Item Matrix Solution for SAP Business One is now available in 4 additional languages.
- Language Support:
- Adding Child items on marketing documents: With this release, user can also add the child items through Item Catalogue button even if there are no 2D parent items in the system.
Bugs and Defects Fixed
- Inventory For Matrix Item Report – Due to a bug in the previous release of item matrix, the report was not considering the “Hide items with no quantity in stock” and “Matrix items only” parameter. This has been fixed in this release.
- Purchase Order – Due to a bug in the previous release of item matrix, the Purchase Order screen would freeze on updating the purchase document. This has been fixed in this release.
- Co-existence of Item Matrix with Inventory Pro add-on on SAP Business One 8.8 & 8.81 – Due to a bug in the previous release of item matrix, the system would return a runtime exception while creating a marketing document. This has been fixed in this release.
- Sort Order of Attributes: Due to a bug in the previous release of item matrix, while attaching the attributes to a parent item in Define Item Attribute screen, the list of attributes displayed where not sorted. This has been fixed in this release and now the sorting would be on Attribute name and Attribute value column.
- Hiding Sales Related and Purchase Related Information in SKU screen: Due to a bug in the previous release of item matrix, while checking the Hide Purchase Related Data and Hide Sales Related Data check boxes, system hides purchase and sales related information. But once screen is closed and reopened the system was keeping this information hidden. User was required to again check and uncheck these check boxes to get this information visible. This has been fixed in this release.
iCharge 10.5 is released today. iCharge – Credit Card Solution for SAP Business One is an improved version over its predecessors.
- iCharge Setup Wizard – This release incorporates a setup wizard which will guide the user through the sequence of steps for configuring the solution.
- On-Line Help – This release incorporates screen sensitive help. Users can press CTRL+SHIFT+E to bring up the help for the active screen.
- New Release Notification – Whenever a new version of the product is released the system will display the update notification as a SAP Business One alert.
- Incoming Payments – Ability to select A/R Invoices and A/R Credit Memos when processing Incoming Payment for CC Type Documents.
- Service Type A/R Documents – With this release it is possible to perform Credit Card transactions for Service Type A/R Documents
- Invoice Wizard – This release will enable the user to additionally process non Credit Card Payment Type documents using the Invoice Wizard.
- Language Support: