- The US retail sporting equipment industry includes about 20,000 companies with combined annual revenue of $35 billion. The industry is fragmented: the 50 largest companies account for less than 50 percent of revenue.
- The sports equipment market led the sports and leisure sector in USA, with a share of 52% in 2007.
Large chains have an advantage in stocking a wider variety. Small companies and specialty sports retailers can compete successfully by carrying a deeper product line in specialized sports, hiring experienced staff, offering repair services or by serving a local market. Also a Retail Management Software for Sports Equipment Retailers is a must have.
The buying patterns are largely influenced by popular sport in the area, population demographics and the disposable income.
Ever changing models of sports equipment, an extremely cost sensitive consumer, stiff competition from departmental store with well-appointed sports equipment departments; as well as general merchandise discounters such as Wal-Mart, exert additional pressure on the sports equipment retailer to remain competitive.
Ability to collate, analyze and act on consumer preferences, sales trends and keep track of changes in sporting equipment are imperative to succeed in the sports retail industry.
- Keep in touch with the sports industry – ensuring that the stores have the right mix of equipments and their models & sizes
- Provide After Sales and Repair Services
- Manage inventory levels cautiously and judiciously
- Periodically run promotions, campaigns and sports events to increase visibility thereby increasing footfall
- Remain closer to the consumer and analyze his preferences and overall sales trends.
Such a balance requires an integrated business management solution that allows flexibility to cater to the diverse & unique demands of Sports Equipment Retailers. A Retail Management Software for Sports Goods Retailers that seamlessly integrates all business processes from the POS at store to the planners at the Head Office lowering the overall cost of operations, simplifying expansion and enabling the Sports Goods Retailer maintain his unique proposition and positioning.